As with any sports there is always a risk for injury, with extreme sports the risk is slightly greater. There are precautions that you can take when participating in Extreme Sports, or any sports for that matter.
- Always make sure that you are wearing the correct protective gear for your sport & that it is in good condition. For Paintball this would include a mask with full face and ear protection & googles. For sports such as motocross the correct helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, gloves & wearing special motocross clothing can reduce the risk of injury,
- Only do what you are capable of- For example if you are just starting off with BMX, Snowboarding etc. don’t start out trying to do big tricks. Start small and work your way up. You have to practice the basic moves before you can start doing tricks.
- Don’t over exert yourself- be sure to take breaks & drink plenty of water.
- Make sure that any equipment you are using for your extreme sport is in proper working order. For example Paintball Guns, BMX bikes, Airsoft Guns, Ropes and harnesses for Rock Climbing, etc.
- Do not play in adverse weather. Rain can make conditions slippery & increase the risk of getting struck by lightening.
Have fun out there playing your extreme sports and remember to always follow these safety tips! We have insurance for your extreme sporting events and other sports.
We are pleased to announce that eInflatables has chosen the CIA to be the preferred provider for all of their inflatable customers.
Spring is almost here…but that doesn’t mean that the freezing temps are gone! The cold weather can cause damage to your property & injuries to yourself or pets. Paul Davis Restoration in Charleston SC has some important tips on avoiding problems during freezing temperatures. The first tip is to be careful when walking on any hard surfaces…just because you don’t see the ice doesn’t mean that it might not be there! Ice is sometimes invisible. Secondly, there are several things you can do to avoid property damage due to freezing pipes: turn off exterior faucets & disconnect water hoses, drip your faucets if the temperature is below freezing & open the doors under sink cabinets. Lastly, be sure to bring your pets inside if the temperature is too cold. Pets can be seriously injured or even die from frost bite and hypothermia.
Be careful during the cold temperature and just remember, spring is just around the corner!
References: Paul Davis Restoration Team. http://www.pauldavis.com/
Why you should upgrade
We have come across quite a few customers lately that are using old versions of Internet Explorer such as 6, 7 & 8. The current version of Internet Explorer is 11. While it may seem a nuisance to have to upgrade your internet browser there are many important reasons why you or your company should do so.
1) SECURITY ISSUES: Older browsers are much more vulnerable to security issues such as spyware & viruses. This is because the older browsers are no longer supported by Microsoft and do not receive important updates that would patch holes in vulnerability.
2) WEBSITE DISPLAY: If you are using a browser as old as IE6 or IE7 many websites are not displaying correctly for you. This is because there have been changes in modern website designs that are simply not supported in these older browsers. You may be missing some important information and it just makes websites look bad.
Smashing Magazine has a great example of how a website can differ between IE8 and newer browsers such as IE11, Chrome or Firefox. (Shown below)
Website displayed using IE 8 (Illustration Credited to Smashing Magazine)
The same website displayed using Chrome. (Illustration Credited to Smashing Magazine)
3) SPEED: Older browsers are also a lot slower. Have you noticed that when you are browsing websites your Internet Explorer crashes or freezes? This can also be solved by upgrading your internet browser.
Upgrading your browser is free and very fast. It should only take you a couple of minutes to upgrade. Below are links where you can download the newest versions of the most popular browsers.
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie
Smashing Magazine. “Dear Web User Please Upgrade your Browser”. July 10th, 2012. http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/07/10/dear-web-user-please-upgrade-your-browser/
It’s finally here! After many weeks of waiting the CIA App is now available in the iTunes store for Apple devices!
The CIA App allows you to view your account, fill out renewal apps, contact your agent, request additional insured certificates & submit incident reports. Just another perk of being a customer with Cossio Insurance Agency!
Download for Apple
Download for Android
As a rental operator you will need to protect yourself with insurance, much cheaper than hiring an attorney! The different types of insurance that you will need are listed below:
1. General liability
2. Commercial auto
3. Workers compensation
4. Property or Inland marine
5. Disability Continue reading