Whatever you do, never stop marketing!

In today’s economy, it is more important to market then ever before.  In order to keep your prospects or customers thinking about your business you need to have your business name in front of them.  So let’s go over a few business reminders.

Make sure that you have all of your customers in a database.

Hopefully your sales information has collected their name, address, and email address, and date of birth.  If you are not collecting all this information you need to fix it today!  Use this database to select the information you need to start your marketing campaign.  You can use a database like Microsoft Access, or even Microsoft Excel to achieve this process.  If you do not have this data in a database you need to hire someone, a high school student who types 55+ words per minute to accomplish this.  There are several of these students looking for part time jobs. Continue reading “Whatever you do, never stop marketing!”

Paintball Insurance – What kind of coverage do I need?

What kind of insurance do I need for a Paintball Field or Store?

As an paintball field or store operator you have several exposures to consider and we will make this the short version of Insurance 101.  I have listed the 11 most important paintball insurance coverage’s you should have

  1. General liability is a must for operators as this will provide defense coverage in case you are sued for your negligence or your employee’s negligence. This provides for coverage for the property that you own or rent for the paintball activities.  This will also cover the parking area, pro shop, staging area, and playing fields. This covers the participants and spectators. This coverage provides defense costs for your negligence and that of your employees or volunteers.  This is usually required by the property owner also. I am told frequently that they have the person sign the waiver and they think that they are protected. Unfortunately we are in a country that allows anyone to sue for anything and attorneys that would take the case and pursue it. Defense costs are much more than the cost of the insurance! Continue reading “Paintball Insurance – What kind of coverage do I need?”

All I need is a certificate of insurance…

All I need is a Certificate of Insurance

Event producers have been saying this for years now, purchasing insurance because someone required them to show proof of insurance for an event.  Well let’s take a look at the exposures that an Event Producer might have.

First, the producer is a business broker of sorts.  You are contacted to provide some sort of entertainment for a corporate event.  The client will rely on your professional knowledge to find the correct fit and to handle all the details to get that entertainment to the event.  You charge a fee for doing this.  You will handle everything from the contract, booking flights and transportation, hotel, staging, lights, props, etc.  You are paid the contract amount, and then you pay the entertainment and sub contractors from the proceeds.  Your income is what is left. Continue reading “All I need is a certificate of insurance…”

Sub-contractor or Employee Insurance

Sub-contractor or Employee Insurance
Sub-contractor or Employee Insurance

If you are the type of business owner that wants things candy coated then this article is not for you.  If you want the bottom line and get it to you straight, then this article might mean something to you.

Many amusement operators, and by that classification I include everything from Inflatables to rock walls and all mechanical devices to paintball fields, have people working for them and classify them as sub-contractors other than employees in hopes to avoid paying taxes and workers compensation.

Well now, get your seat belts on and tightened because you are about to become enlightened! Continue reading “Sub-contractor or Employee Insurance”

When do you want someone named as additional insured?

When do you want someone named as additional insured?
When do you want someone named as additional insured?

A general liability policy only provides defense coverage for the named insured, which means the corporation, LLC, officers, members, employees or volunteers.  If you find yourself with sub contractors coming into your business or activity you need to request insurance coverage from them with limits of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence and name you as additional insured.  I would recommend that you do this for their general liability, commercial auto and workers compensation.

The definition of an ADDITIONAL INSURED is:

An individual or entity that is not automatically included as an insured under the policy of another, but for whom the named insured’s policy provides a certain degree of protection. An endorsement is typically required to effect additional insured status. Continue reading “When do you want someone named as additional insured?”