Mechanical Bulls can be very safe but they can also be very dangerous depending on if you are following safety tips properly. Here are some mechanical bull safety tips that can help you make sure that riders stay safe on your mechanical bull.
1) Make sure that the bull is operated by an attendant that understands how to safely operate the bull and knows the rider restrictions. Younger children can safely ride the bull as long as the operator knows how to control the movement to keep the bull from bucking the child violently.
2) Make sure that the inflatable padding surrounding the bull does not have any gaps in which the rider could fall and injure themselves. It is especially important to make sure that the support beams of the mechanical bull are properly covered.
3) You should never let intoxicated persons ride the bull.
4) Never let more than one person ride the mechanical bull at one time. If a child is not big enough to ride the bull by themselves they should not be riding the bull at all, even with a parent.
5) Make sure that cords are properly covered or secured down so that no one can trip and make sure that you have the bull plugged into the correct type of outlet.
6) Regularly inspect your bull for damage or malfunction.
7) Make sure that the area surrounding the bull setup is free of objects that could harm the rider in case they are thrown of the inflatable padding.
8) Your bull should not have any sharp horns and the head should be soft.
These safety tips can drastically reduce the risk of accidents on your mechanical bull. However, even with the strictest safety accidents can happen. That is why it is important to make sure that your equipment is properly insured. Find out more about our mechanical bull insurance.
Family Entertainment Centers encompass a variety of different activities which means that a variety of coverage’s will be needed to insure that your FEC is properly covered. The same thing applies to many other types of businesses in the amusement industry such as inflatable rentals, paintball, sports etc.
1) The first type of insurance is a given for any type of business: General Liability Coverage. This type of coverage is usually a requirement for parks. General Liability coverage will protect your family entertainment center in case of bodily injury or property damage. The limits for these are usually $1,000,000 per occurrence / $2,000,000 aggregate but there are higher limits available.
2) Sexual Abuse/Molestation– Family Entertainment Centers deal with children on a constant basis. If the unspeakable happens the cost of defending your business and good name can be devastating.
3) Commercial Auto & Non-Owned Auto– If you fun center uses an automobile for business purposes you will most likely not be covered under your personal auto insurance.
4) Property Coverage or Inland Marine– Property Coverage offer protection to your property from fire, theft or vandals. Inland Marine Coverage protects your property when it is not on your premises.
5) Workers Compensation– Workers Comp is another coverage that is usually mandatory for fun parks. In fact in is mandatory for most businesses depending on what state you are located in.
Some Additional Coverage’s
Aside from these major coverage’s there are some other coverage’s that you may want to consider such as: Employee dishonesty, Sexual Abuse,/ Molestation, Assault /battery, Money inside/outside.
To learn more about our Family Entertainment Center Insurance visit us at: http://www.cossioinsurance.com/insurance/family-entertainment-center.html