Like every other amusement device, there are certain precautions that need to be taken to insure that participants driving the Go-karts at your Family Fun Park or Go Kart Track are as safe as possible. Accidents involving go karts can be especially serious;some incidents involve skull fractures & other broken bones, internal injuries and in some cases even death. There are many resources out there that can help you run a safe go kart track. We found one resource on the IAAPA website that had some important safety tips regarding long hair (& some other safety reminders):
1) You should have a maintenance staff that checks each day for any malfunctions with the go karts, safety signs & the track. (If you do not have safety signs it would probably be a good idea to post some.)
2) Your staff should be properly trained in all safety procedures and should also be trained to look out for guests with long hair. This is important since long hair can get caught in the moving parts of the go kart. The IAAPA article talks about how in 2012 a teenage girl lost 80% of her scalp from her hair getting caught in a go kart axle.
3) Hair ties should be kept on hand and if someone has long hair they should be instructed that it needs to be secured with a hair tie to prevent injury.
Some other safety tips include:
4) Having your guests wear helmets & seat belts.
5) Making sure the age/size regulations of the go kart are followed.
6) Not allowing go-karts to be driven during bad weather.
You can read the full article here: http://www.iaapa.org/resources/by-park-type/fec/go-kart-safety
Also remember that you need to have your go kart track insured because safety procedures alone are not always enough. Learn more about our Go Kart Insurance.
“Go-Kart Safety” by Mike Bederka | IAAPA Website | 2012 | http://www.iaapa.org/resources/by-park-type/fec/go-kart-safety
Are you tired of stacks of safety waivers? The CIA now has a digital waiver program that is FREE to customers of the CIA. This program allows you to create a custom waiver that you can use to have customers sign waivers digitally and to keep track of these waivers online. This means no more having to dig through piles of papers to find a waiver, no stacks of waivers on your desk…it’s all online. You can input your specific waiver language, add your logo, and PRESTO, you are set. You get a link to put on your website, a QR code to use at the counter or your website for your techy customers to get right on your waiver site to complete the waiver on their desktop computer, tablet or smart phone.
It immediately assigns a member number to your customer, you immediately get an email that they are set up and done. You get a report at the end of the day of all your customers in an Excel spreadsheet. AND while you at your screen, you can pull up and existing customer to verify it is current and add them onto the daily report with just a click.
That’s not all! If you wish you can have the Digital Waivers Marketing System send out automatic email blasts to your customers. The email blasts have templates for almost every holiday and are custom tailored to fit your Airsoft, Paintball or Indoor Center business. After choosing a template and typing in your custom text, the custom email blast will take the list of customers who have signed waivers and send out email blasts to all these customers for you. These email blasts can be sent manually or set up to send out emails to customers 30 days and 14 days prior to the event/holiday.
The cost for the automatic email marketing is $125 a year, that is about $10 a month for a system to automatically contact everyone in your database, offer them to return in 30 days, come in for a holiday, come back on their birthday, etc… But remember the Digital Waivers system itself is free to customers of the CIA.
To learn more watch this walk-through video: