15 minute insurance mini seminars

join-us-iaapa2016Larry Cossio, the leading insurance expert and industry speaker, will be giving 15 minute insurance seminars for Party Rentals, Indoor Centers & FEC. Larry Cossio & the agents of the CIA will be traveling to IAAPA in Orlando on November 15th to the 18th. The mini seminars will be held at the larger booth #6157 at the following times:

  • Party Rentals: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday at 11:30
  • Indoor Centers: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday at 1:30
  • Family Entertainment Centers: Tuesday & Wednesday at 3:30

Trampoline Park tells UK teen she ‘can’t bounce without feet’

ellie

A trampoline park in the UK made headlines on Tuesday after a manager told a triple amputee teenager that she needed to leave the trampoline park because of her disability. Ellie had to have both her legs, her right arm and three fingers amputated at the age of five after being hospitalized with meningitis. She has won awards for trampolining & is an active horse back rider.

According to the news reports Ellie had been jumping in the trampoline park for about an hour when I manager approached her and started shouting at her in front of everyone that “if I have no feet, I cannot bounce”. The manager told her that she would be likely to injure others and that she could not be in control of her jumping.

The trampoline park issued a statement apologizing for the incident, but also commenting that the manager was concerned that the teenager was in a free running area that was for advanced users. They also said that they would like to offer free sessions to her and her family…though I doubt her family will return.

Sources

The Sun. “You can’t bounce without feet. What triple amputee teen was told as she was ordered to leave trampoline park in case she injured other customers”.¬†https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1816779/what-triple-amputee-teen-was-told-as-she-was-ordered-to-leave-trampoline-park-in-case-she-injured-other-customers/. September 20, 2016.

Bounce House Blower Starts Fire in Indoor Center

Jump On It Fire

An Indoor Center in Maryland called¬†“Jump On It”, ¬†recently experienced a fire that was caused by a malfunction of one of the bounce house blowers. According to news reports, a parent alerted the staff around 12:40 on September 9th that they noticed smoke coming from the blower attached to the Batman inflatable. The smoke turned to flames and the parent told others in the facility as well as the front desk who used the intercoms to alert everyone.

Continue reading “Bounce House Blower Starts Fire in Indoor Center”