Call the CIA
Main Office: 864-688-0121     California Office: 951-677-3030     More Contact Info
Halloween Haunted House Insurance form the CIA

Halloween & Haunted House Insurance

Halloween will be here before you know it! That means that it's time to find insurance for your haunted houses, Halloween events, pumpkin patches and zombie runs! Our quotes will be based on the type of attraction you are offering and the length of the event. It is important to have coverage for your property and the customers that will be participating in your haunted house or Halloween event. Although injuries are uncommon, they can happen; trips, fainting spells, heart attacks and injuries inflicted by other frightened patrons are some examples, this is especially the case in a haunted house. Your coverage should cover not only the participants but also the employees. In scary situations (such as a haunted house) it is not uncommon for a frightened person to accidentally (or purposely) cause harm to one of the employees. The risk of injury to customers or employees is what makes haunted house insurance necessary.

Haunted Attraction AssociationWe are active in the haunted attraction industry, so we know what it takes to get your haunted attraction up and running. It helps us to get the best coverage for you! We attend the TransWorld Haunted Attraction Show in March & we also attended the Escape Room Conference in August. We are also members of The Haunted Attraction Association.

Don't get an insurance quote from just anybody...get a quote from knowledgeable agents that know your industry. Get a free quote today! Call us at 864-688-0121.


Other Coverage

On top of your Halloween insurance or haunted house insurance policy there are some additional policies that you may need to make sure that your business is fully covered.

Workers Compensation

This coverage is a requirement in most states if you have employees. It provides coverage for bodily injury, medical bills, loss of income, death for all employees, full time or part time. The risk of injury to haunted house employees by frightened customers in the haunted house makes it a very good idea to get this coverage even if it is not a requirement in your state.

Download Application to protect your haunted Halloween employees (ghouls & goblins)

Inland Marine (Property)

This provides coverage for your business property for fire, theft, vandalism on premises, or if Inland Marine while off premises. After all the hard work you put into creating your scary haunted house you wouldn't want some vandals to come and destroy it. Of course that could still happen but with property insurance you would be able to repair/rebuild.
Download Application for Haunted House Property Insurance

Commercial Auto

Your personal auto policy has an exclusion for business use so you will have no coverage under your current auto insurance policy. A commercial auto policy will cover you for both business use and personal use. If you use a trailer to carry your rentals to the location add this unto your policy. The need for the coverage really depends on if you will be using your vehicle for the purpose of transporting equipment and or employees. For example if you are planning on having a haunted hayride you may want to insure the trailer that you will be pulling people on.

Download Application for commercial auto insurance if you are using it for your haunted event

Cyber Liability Coverage

Cyber Liability coverage is especially important if you process credit cards or obtain personal information from customers.

Download Cyber Liability Application


While at the TransWorld Haunted Attractions Show in St.Louis we met a lot of great vendors that had great resources for your haunted event.

  • Haunted Resources

  • Haunted House